Am I ready for College?
Planning your career pathway
For the first time you may have lots of choices to make about what to study and what career path to choose. It may seem stressful thinking that choices you make now affect the rest of your life but you don't need to rush to find your life's work. What's important is to start thinking about your interests, what you're good at, and how you might develop them into a career pathway.
Getting started in high school
Planning Your Career Pathway (2 MB)
Preparing for College
Here are some questions to consider before you make any decisions:
- What are your interests? Do you know what type of work you like?
- Are you seeking specific credentials to help qualify for a job or program?
- Are you academically prepared for the program you want to study? Do you have the basic entrance requirements?
- Do you have the financial resources you need?
- What kind of class environment are you looking for? For example, do you learn best by doing, studying, or discussion? Also consider class size and the relationship you expect to have with your teachers and other students.
- Do you want to study full-time, part-time? Are you looking for flexibility of doing some courses in a classroom and others online?