U-Pass Service (Metro Students)
In a student referendum held in April 2010, students at NSCC's Metro campuses voted to join with area universities to provide U-Pass (universal bus pass) to students at our Akerley/Aviation, IT and Waterfront campuses. The U-Pass initiative was approved and as of September 2010, NSCC began providing a Metro Transit U-Pass to all full time students.
U-Pass is a special transit pass specifically designed for NSCC students. If you're a full time student, the U-Pass lets you ride Metro Transit buses, ferries, and Community Transit buses from September to May. The program is convenient, reliable and flexible. You can take the bus or the ferry to commute to school, shop, sight-see, or run errands 7 days a week.
This student bus pass is mandatory for all metro students to purchase at a cost of $159 for the academic year and provides students with an unlimited bus and ferry pass for a full 9 months (September 1 – May 31). In addition to regular ferry and bus routes, U-Pass holders are also permitted to use Metro Transit's "Park & Ride" lots (with the exception of the Woodside Ferry lot) to park for free, and catch the bus from there.
While the passes are non-transferable (meaning that the pass is yours and yours alone and cannot be loaned, sold or transferred to another person), the pass can be used 24/7 during the school year. The U-Pass program represents a significant savings of more than $425 for students for the 9-month period. A typical Metro Transit bus pass costs upwards of $70 per month. Your U-Pass cost... only $159 for 9 months!
|September 1, 2012||U-Pass program commences; sticker active|
|September 18, 2012||Fall term U-Pass refund request submission deadline for September start students|
|January 18, 2013||Winter term U-Pass refund request submission deadline for January start students|
|May 31, 2013||U-Pass program concludes|
If you have any questions about the U-Pass at NSCC, please see your campus Business Office or contact us by emailing . Please make sure to include "UPASS" in the email subject line.
If you have any questions about Halifax Metro Transit routes and bus schedules, please contact Metro Transit – (902) 490-4000 or .
- The U-Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable and may be confiscated for misuse. Unauthorized reproduction of this pass constitutes fraud and persons doing so will be prosecuted.
- The U-Pass is valid for transportation on conventional bus routes and ferries. An additional payment is required for MetroLink and MetroX.
- Valid for transportation September 1 thru May 31
- Upon boarding the bus, U-Pass holders MUST show their current NSCC ID card with U-Pass sticker.
- If a pass is lost, stolen, or confiscated, please contact the campus Business Office or email . Make sure to include "UPASS" in the email subject line.
- Any pass found should be turned over to a bus operator.
- The U-Pass is the property of Halifax Regional Municipality. Privileges may be revoked for breach of conditions of use.
Last updated: May 25, 2012